This week I had my office-mates over for dinner and prepared a flavorful Mexican feast that included slow-cooked chipotle beef with onions, traditional salsa, my favorite Food and Wine mango salsa, guacamole and spicy black beans. It was a great night and dinner.
Later in the week I got pretty bored eating soft tacos with the leftovers. I had some mini pizza shells in the fridge, and I didn’t want to waste the remaining Mexican food I had. Yeah, you already know where this is going. Here’s how to make my pizza creation!
From top left to bottom right:
- Spread some sour cream on the crust
- Add tomato salsa for “sauce”
- Put on shredded beef (or other meat of choice/beans)
- Add some fresh cilantro leaves
- Sprinkle with cheese and mango salsa (recipe above)
- Bake at 300° until crust is brown and cheese is melted
I made two so that I would have plenty of leftovers for lunch this week, and trust me when I say after eating one slice I wasn’t sure if there would be any leftovers, lol. Pizza and Mexican, what combo could be better?!